9-Months Pregnant Woman Allegedly Raped By Masseur While Getting A Prenatal Massage

9-Months Pregnant Woman Allegedly Raped By Masseur While Getting A Prenatal Massage

The masseur reportedly admitted to having sex with the victim and was later arrested.

Trigger Warning: This article contains graphic details of rape that may be distressing to readers.

A Kentucky masseur has been arrested on charges of raping a nearly nine-months-pregnant woman during a prenatal massage. Many pregnant women tend to opt for professional prenatal massages to help deal with stress. “Your body will go through many changes as it goes through gestation and birth. It’s important to find a professional who understands everything that’s going on with your body so they can adjust the massage to your needs,” explained  Miinkay Yu, a professional massage therapist who is trained in prenatal massage, according to Healthline. “For example, when your body is supporting a baby, the fluid you retain and create increases, so if your legs and feet are swollen, then a lighter type of massage is indicated.”


But one woman's prenatal massage allegedly turned into assault. A man named Tyler Isaacs has been charged with first-degree rape in connection with the incident. The 30-year-old from Berea was taken to the Madison County Detention Center on October 12. The alleged assault took place between 3:15 p.m. and 5:30 p.m at the Rest Assured Massage and Spa in Lexington, Kentucky, on July 22, 2021.  When the heavily pregnant woman arrived for her first appointment at the spa, there was no one else there apart from Isaacs, she noted. They were the only two people in the building. The unidentified woman was taken to a massage room and the massage started out normally. But by the end, things took a disturbing turn. 


According to Cafe Mom, Isaacs allegedly told the pregnant woman to stand and place her stomach on the table so he could work on some other areas of her back. He then grabbed her wrists from behind and allegedly raped her. The assault took place for a few minutes after which the masseuse left the room. Police later questioned Isaacs on July 29 where he reportedly admitted to having sex with the woman. He said that it was the first time he had engaged in sex with a client. He also said that it was the first time he’d massaged the woman. While he was taken to custody on October 12, he was released a day later. 

Representational Image Source: Getty Images/kjekol

It seems there was another employee on the premises. The Richmond Register reports that the employee told police they were with a client at the time of the victim’s arrival. Once the other employee had finished their work, they left during the victim’s scheduled massage with Isaacs, which is why the victim did not see anyone else after the assault and thought she was alone. It was the woman's first time at this establishment. The New York Post reported that they had reached out to the spa for comment. A woman responded and identified herself as the owner of the spa. She yelled into the phone, stated the outlet, where she angrily said, “Who cares? He doesn’t work here no more.” When the outlet told the woman that the alleged attack happened to a client at her spa, the alleged spa owner again repeated, “Who cares?” “Don’t call here no more,” she said before hanging up.

If you are being subjected to sexual assault, or know of anyone who is, please call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 800.656.HOPE (4673)